Dear Ladies and Gentlemen!
There is the old saying “Every guest brings a blessing“.
Within the Contilia Group we are concerned with our international clients and patients. It is the centre of our attention to make you feel at home whenever you have to do with us.
If you are interested in a treatment or a check-up in our country, there are a lot of things to deal with ahead. We will help with word and deed once the first contact has been established.
Our service comprises matters such as help with the documents needed, or two TV channels in your native language.
Our cooperation partners are at your disposal all day long, if required, and they will also provide interpreting service, so that you may focus on your recovery or on staying healthy.
Do you have any more questions? Are you insecure in certain respects? Please address us! We will gladly respond, trying hard to level uncertainties and to offer individual solutions. If we cannot manage personally, we will find ways through our cooperation and network partners. Eventually it is our concern that you totally focus on your recovery and health. We are already looking forward to welcoming you in our premises.
Your International Services Team
With 7.200 staff, the Contilia Group is one of the vital health care service businesses in the Ruhr area metropolis. Amongst others, the group provides hospitals – Elisabeth Hospital Essen, St. Marien-Hospital Mülheim an der Ruhr, St. Josef-Krankenhaus Kupferdreh, Essen, St. Elisabeth-Krankenhaus Niederwenigern, Hattingen and Fachklinik Kamillushaus, Essen – and also facilities for the elderly. We render in- and outpatient services as well as nursing services, offers for prevention and early detection, rehabilitation programs, and further training courses. In all facilities the group shows high performance on the medical and nursing level. The management structures are state of the art. The business culture is coined by a Christian attitude and thus focused on caring for the ill, the elderly, and other individuals in need of help. The Contilia motto illustrates this attitude: For the Essentials. In Life.
At Contilia, service is attached the utmost importance to. The team of the International Services department cares for all the important organization matters before, during and after your stay in our hospitals.
- Acceptation and evaluation of your medical records for the preliminary estimate
- Non-binding preliminary estimate
- Support in visa matters
- Appointment coordination
- Support with travel and accommodation matters
- Contact mediation with patient agencies
In both our hospitals in Essen and Mülheim an der Ruhr, your accommodation has the following features:
- Appealing single or double bedrooms.
- Full catering with wholefood, bland diet, diet, special and vegetarian food; beverages like tea, coffee and mineral water free of charge.
- Room facilities with bathroom en suite and mainly with refrigerator, air condition and safe
- TV and radio, mostly including Russian, English, Arabic and Dutch stations.
- Laundry service
- Wellness-kit including shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, terry cloth slippers
- Bathrobe hiring (free of charge)
- Weekly papers and magazines (in English, Russian and Arabic)
- Accommodation of accompanying persons: We offer to accommodate one person in your hospital room, if this is possible in medical and organizational respects. This will however means additional charges. We can also name hotels of different categories near the hospital.
- Language support: Some of our hospital staff has Russian as their first language and can interpret in case of emergency. However, they cannot stay with you for a longer examination or even more. Should you not speak English, we would recommend an interpreter. We are at your disposal to support you in finding the adequate solution.
With regards to further services such as airport transfer, hotel booking, free time activities or interpreting service, please contact an accompanying agency.
To shape the proceedings for everyone involved as smoothly as possible, we might kindly ask you to take the following points into account:
Please send us all your records such as medical reports, imaging documents (MRI, CT, X-ray) and laboratory findings either via email (int.services(at)contilia.de) or by mail. In case that you do not have any documents, we want to ask you to send a description of your illness or symptoms. The more explicit you are, the easier it is for our doctors to assess your medical condition and to suggest an optimal therapy plan. The basic questionnaire (pdf file) contains some criteria that are vital for us. Please send back the completed form via fax or by mail as soon as possible.
Within three business days you will receive your individual estimate. It includes the prospective therapy plan, the duration of the treatment, your attending physician and the estimated costs (which might differ according to the treatment process).
Agreement upon an appointment
Agreeing upon a date is essential to facilitate hospital proceedings. We will gladly try to respect your wishes. The standby time is normally between 10 and 14 days, 21 days at most. You might need this time to get your visa, if required.
Patients from countries outside the European Union mostly need a visa for a stay in Germany. Please check your requirements before we have agreed on an appointment. The German embassies and the
consulates will have the necessary information available. You will find a list of German diplomatic missions as a pdf-download on the website of the Auswärtiges Amt (foreign office). If required, we will assist you with the necessary invitation to apply for your visa. We would need your personal data, a passport copy, and also the data of an accompanying person.
Please transfer the sum total named in the preliminary estimate to the account of Contilia GmbH. You may also pay cash or by credit card once you have arrived at the hospital. Please bear with us that your treatment can only begin once the sum total has been paid.
On the day of your discharge (unless this is a weekend or a German bank holiday) the final settlement will be made. If there is money on account, it will be refunded immediately. If the real costs have turned out to exceed the estimate, it will be requisite to add a subsequent payment.